How to install VST Instruments in Fruity Loops
1. Go to c:/program/image-line/FL8/Plugins/VST (default installation route, find the place you've actually installed it in order to find it)
2. Create a new folder with a proper name for your new plug-in that you'd like to install.
Unzip your bought/downloaded for free VST plugin into that folder. If it’s an .exe file, just run it and insert your install destination, and if it’s a .dll file just extract it to the proper destination of your FL install, locate the new VST folder you've just created and place it there.
3. Start FL and go to channels/add one/more..
4. Once there you’ll see all the available plugins. The ones with a box ticked with the letter F are active in your library of instruments already, and the ones with a blank box are not yet active. But for now, skip this for a few seconds.
5. Scroll down in that list of VST plugins until you hit the bottom. Press the refresh button and make a fast scan.Ignore the other option (if still available that is)
If you’ve done everything right you’ll get a note saying 1 or more plugins found, next to the refresh button, highlighted in red.
6. Just tick that box next to the newly installed plugin (marked in red text) and voilá, your new plugin is now installed and can be seen in your list of instruments.
How to install VST Effects in Fruity Loops
If you're new to music production, you'll probably install everything that looks cool in a picture, right? We've all been there I guess. But after a couple of years of running this blog I've noticed that some people are not sure of what they've just downloaded.. really.
Some VSTi are instruments, some are effects (think delay, reverb, filters etc)
Install your new plugin as normally would (see above). This time, Instead of going to channels/add one/more..(only actual instruments goes here!) you go to the mixer, press F9 on your keyboard and the mixer will pop up automagically.
Once there head over to the effect section of the mixer(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) and press select/more…
Now all you have to do is to hit the refresh button once again and it will list the newly installed VST effect in red color. Tick that box and it’s installed.. in the right place :)